The Corporations of the Townships and Municipalities of Hastings County are currently seeking interested applicants from professionals who are required to adhere to codes of standards of their profession, and other individuals with in-depth knowledge of the campaign financing rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 for appointment to a Joint Hastings County 2022 Election Compliance Audit Committee. The Committee will serve all fourteen municipalities.
The Joint Compliance Audit Committee has full delegation of the authority in the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, to address applications requesting an audit of a candidate’s and a registered third party advertiser’s election campaign finances. This authority includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Review applications and grant or reject audit requests
- Where an audit is granted, appoint an auditor and review the audit report
- Where indicated, decide whether legal proceedings shall be commenced
The Joint Compliance Audit Committee will consist of members that must have the ability to understand and apply the election campaign finance provisions of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 and should be considered impartial with respect to their ability to fulfill their responsibilities. Preference shall be given to candidates that have applicable experience in accounting, law, law enforcement and academics from related fields.
- Accounting and audit – accountants or auditors with experience in preparing or auditing the financial statements of municipal candidates;
- Academic – college or university professors with expertise in political science or local government administration;
- Legal; and
- Other individuals with knowledge of the campaign financing rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
Members of the public interested in serving on this Committee are asked to submit an application, resume, and cover letter, marked “Confidential” to the below listed Clerk in the County of Hastings. Your local township office will also accept applications. Applications and Terms of Reference are also available below:
Kathy Pearl, Clerk Township of Stirling-Rawdon
Phone: (613) 395-3380
P.O. Box 40 2529
Stirling-Marmora Road, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
We thank all applicants for applying, but only the selected candidates will be contacted. Personal information and supporting material is collected and used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.