July 6, 2020
The Fire Chief of the Township of Faraday has issued a TOTAL FIRE BAN that prohibits all open fires.
This total fire ban applies to all land within the Township of Faraday, including:
* All cottages, private and commercial.
* All interior/backcountry camping – lake access, canoe tripping and backpacking;
* All trails
During a fire ban:
* Campfires are not permitted at any time;
* Fireworks are not permitted at any time;
* Charcoal barbeques or biomass units using natural burning fuels (i.e. sticks, twigs, pinecones, etc.) are not permitted;
* Candles and tiki torches of any type are not permitted;
* Portable outdoor living gas or propane fire pits or fire bowls manufactured for the intended purpose of outdoor ambience and recreational enjoyment that produce a flame are not permitted; and
* Portable gas/propane/naphtha stoves or barbeques that have a fuel source with a control valve may still be used. Anyone using an outside wood fired boiler as a source of heat for their dwelling unit and/or hot water are required to have a chimney cap in place with no larger than 5mm mesh and burn with small fires and extreme caution at this time.
The fire ban will remain in place until further notice and will be lifted as soon as conditions allow.
To report open burning during this total fire ban, please call 911 and a fire crew will be dispatched to investigate, charges and fines may be involved.